knstrand
knstrand, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian
71139618

I was prescribed a small white round tablet with a capital

Customer Question

I was prescribed a small white round tablet with a capital letter P on it for my aging Chocolate Labrador for the treatment of Arthiritis in my dogs joints,my dog has since died of old age ! there is not a problem with the treatment or the vet but a friend of mine with a 6 year old springer has a problem with front leg Knee stiffness,i have text my vet but without success to find out the name of the medication!
thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  knstrand replied 3 years ago.

knstrand :

Hello, I'm a small animal veterinarian. I will try to help

knstrand :

I'm pretty sure this drug is previcox.

knstrand :

However, unless you are 100% sure - i.e. without an original package. I would be hesitant to administer this to your friend's dog. Esp not knowing the mg size …. overdosing of NSAID drugs can be very dangerous.

knstrand :

Hopefully this helps

Expert:  knstrand replied 3 years ago.
Hello, did you receive my reply to your question? I'd like to help