Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Hi we got some xray results for our dog on the Wednesday 11th

Customer Question

Hi we got some xray results for our dog on the Wednesday 11th of December after our dogs breathing was a little heavy and also he had the odd cough. Our vets diagnosed the dog with cancer finding masses in the lungs and on the heart and told us he would only last a couple more weeks. We are now 7 weeks after on now cancer medication except furosemide and anti-inflammatory pills and he seems purfectly fine. The lungs had fluid in them at the time of the scan so it was not a clear image but the vets seem to thing it is 100% cancer? is a Chest X-ray conclusive with cancer and is it possible I can send you the scan results for your thoughts?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Dr. Drew :

An x-ray is not typically going to provide a 100% accurate diagnosis of cancer -- it can only point us in that general direction.

Dr. Drew :

Finding one or more masses or lumps in the chest can indicate cancer, but it can also indicate other non-cancerous conditions.

Dr. Drew :

A biopsy of one of the masses is the only way to know whether it's cancer or something else.

Dr. Drew :

I would be happy to look at the images for you.

Dr. Drew :

you can upload them to any of the free photo sharing sites such as imageshack, photobucket, etc or if you have difficulty doing so, you can contact customer service on this site to help with sending them to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I have no idea on how to send it trhough imageshack etc... Can I send the images to a private E-mail address as I could do with another pair of eyes to look at them?

Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.
I'll have to notify customer service of your difficulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent customer service the images of the x ray and they told me they will post them to you. Have you had these and if not please can you contact them?
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I haven't received the images, but I've contacted customer service once more to assist us with getting this issue sorted out. Thanks for your patience!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I have posted these again to [email protected] this time, have they send the x ray images onto you? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi dr drew I feel let down by the service of just answer as I have e-mailed customer services 4 times with the x rays and they have told me they will send them to you ! I have still not had a reply from yourself or customer services and feel extremely let down! I did not get a complete answer from you and I have been charged twice?? Please can you help me and get in contact wit customer services! I don't want to leave bad feedback on here but feel I have no choice unless I get a response!

Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.
I'm deeply sorry for the trouble you've been experiencing. I have not been sent any images by customer service; I will inquire with them once again.
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.
Customer service has informed me that they've asked you to send the images three times, but they've not received any from you.