Good Morning Miss V. Wheeler and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
These breeds do have some trouble being house broken and this is often caused by a Separation Anxiety or just anxiety. Try following these instructions, Miss Wheeler to see if this will help:
1. Purchase a DAP Collar (Dog Appeasement Pheromone) at the pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will decrease anxiety.
2. Purchase Rescue Remedy at the pet store. This is another anti anxiety herbal medication.
3. Carry a coke can with pennies and when Billy Bear does this, shake the can loudly and say a strong NO!
4. If you have the time, take him back to a good obedience school. This will help make you the "Alpha" dog and he will be more apt to listen to you.
5. Purchase long lasting toys such as a Kong.
6. Take Billy Bear for more walks...exercise will decrease this stress.
Your vet has stronger anti anxiety medication used specifically for Separation Anxiety that will help Billy Bear past this behavior if the collar or herbal remedies are not enough. This helps to hasten the process.
You are doing all the right things, Miss Wheeler, but you just need a little more help.
This LINK may help, Miss Wheeler.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX