Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

We a a Staffordshire terrier. She has lost some weight in the

Customer Question

We a a Staffordshire terrier. She has lost some weight in the last week. Here stomach feels hard and has a white creamy type dish charge from here vagina area. What could be wrong. She seems down to here normal cheerful self.
Awaiting your reply
Gavin
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Gavin and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Sasha is not feeling well...

I have a few questions to help me better assist you.

Is Sasha spayed?

Is she still eating well?

Thank you, Gavin!

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not spayed and not eating well
Thank you Gavin for that information...

Most likely Sasha is suffering from a Pyometra. This is a uterine infection that is hormonally induced and causes this discharge. Luckily for Sasha , this is an "open" pyometra meaning that the cervix is open allowing this pus to drain. It is very important, Gavin, that you get Sasha to your vet right away. Since she is not eating, this means that this is getting serious and the only treatment is spay.....the sooner you can get this done, the safer it is for Sasha, Gavin.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info you gave. I have been to my local vets and she is now on antibiotics and is booked in for the op Monday morning vet says she has been caught in good time so all should be OK . Let's hope it goes well. Thanks again for the info

That is great Gavin...catching this early is the key for Sasha...I am sure she will do great!

Thank you so much, Gavin for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!