Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog has been vomiting now he wont open his mouth and seems

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting now he wont open his mouth and seems to have a flem around it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response, it appears no experts were available when you posted your question. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?
3- Can you place your thumb and index fingers behind his canine teeth and press inward, this will help you open his mouth; Can you see if there is anything stuck under the tongue, gums or teeth?
4- How much does he weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.