Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My dog has eating two cupcakes with cocoa powder in it about

My dog has eating two cupcakes with cocoa powder in it about 2 hours ago
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Well, it is already well over 1 hour, so we cannot induce vomiting to help out.

Fortunately, these are cupcakes. It's not a solid piece of cocoa powder or dark chocolate. So, it is quite possible that nothing may happen at all. Also, the larger Maddy is, the less likely for complications. If over 20 pounds, better to be over 40, her chances for toxicity drop a lot.

Mild symptoms of chocolate problems would be only vomiting or diarrhea. Diarrhea could happen anyway because of other cupcake ingredients. But! If you observe any tremors, shaking, or the heart rate seems really fast (you can feel just by grabbing over the chest), get into any vet for immediate care. A heart rate over 150 would be worth veterinary examination.

Here are some extra links, just in case you like extra details as well:

Chocolate Toxicity

Chocolate toxicity 2

Toxicity Calculator

The last link above is a very nice interactive site to help you understand the toxic effects of different types of chocolate depending on a pet's body weight.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving, please remember to select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much feel much happier Maddy is about 20 lbs so will waiting and see

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like a plan Eleanor.
Good Luck

Keep in mind, diarrhea is very possible, but may not appear for another 24-48 hours.

Hope that additional information helps. Definitely, reply to me if there is any other way I may assist you. I hope my responses have been satisfactory.
Dr. Andy