Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my dog has been diagnosed with a mild kidney problem I have

Customer Question

my dog has been diagnosed with a mild kidney problem I have been told not to feed
her meat or protein what can I give her.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

Sorry to hear about Purdy but hopefully as you say this is just a mild infection ...

Scott Nimmo :

What should you feed her on? : Well the answer to my mind is simple, there are special prescription diets for dogs with kidney disease which your vet can supply, this has to be your best option. There are a few to choose from but stand by and I will give you a link so you can read about one of them ...

Scott Nimmo :

http://www.hillspet.com/products/pd-canine-kd-canine-renal-health-dry.html

Scott Nimmo :

It is availabel as botha canned and dry diet ...

Hello again Mary,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a couple of weeks to check on Purdey's progress, and I should also be about for the next couple of hours so get straight back to me if things change and you want to talk things over further.

However in the meantime if you should receive any surveys related to my advice to you today then I would very much appreciate it if you could take the time to rate my performance further as this helps my standing on the site.

Kindest regards,

Scott

If I can ever advise you again at any future point then you can contact me directly via this link : http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-scottvet/
{ Please bookmark it }