Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

why does my energetic 5 month lab pup vomit after his afternoon

why does my energetic 5 month lab pup vomit after his afternoon walk,he is on 3 meals aday 115 gr per meal he is perfectly ok untill i bring him in he will have a large drink the vomit he is on purina puppy robust.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

It sounds like he is doing what many labs do. They eat and drink with gusto! Right after exercise if labs or any dogs drink too much they over fill their stomach and will vomit. The main thing to do to stop this especially if it is associated with drinking after exercise is to only let him drink a little, force him to take a break and then 5-10 mi later let him drink some more. Small frequent offerings of water until he has his fill after exercise will stop this from happening about 75% of the time.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan