Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My 9 month old cocker spaniel has

My 9 month old cocker spaniel has just eaten approx 1tablespoon of Clinique body exfoliating cream. I have given her plenty of water to drink. Will she be ok please? Thank you Pam XXX

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello Pam, I'm Dr. Deb and I'll do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Millie but she should be fine in terms of toxicity. These products don't typically contain ingredients which will cause problems other than possible gastrointestinal ones. She might vomit although most dogs do so within 5-10 minutes after ingestion or develop diarrhea within 12-24 hours.

If she does vomit, then you over the counter Pepcid AC should help at a dose of 1/4th mg/lb. I'd then wait to feed her for several hours.
If looser stools develop, then a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice should resolve the problem fairly quickly.

I hope this helps and provides peace of mind. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.
Hello Pam,

I’m just following up on our conversation about Millie. How is she doing? Deb

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your expert help with my dog. However I am extremely unhappy with Justanswer as two further amounts of £23 have been debited to my card. There is no way that I agreed to any membership! I was quoted £13 for your advice for which I paid. I have gone into the account as instructed to turn off the membership amount. No permission was given for this to be turned on. If I am debited with any future amount I shall place this in the hands of my solicitor. I thought you should know the situation. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.

Pam:

I'm so sorry that you've had this negative experience with the site:( Although my role is only to answer questions, I'm glad that you've notified me about this problem you're having since I'll also pass it on to customer service.

Of course, you should not be charged for any amount which you didn't authorize!!! Sometimes I think there may be glitches or computer errors but I'm not entirely certain why such things happen when they occasionally do.

I also find it odd that you say you've paid for my answer but this doesn't show up on my end as your having rated my response (which is the only way money should be deducted from your card).

I'll forward our exchange to the appropriate individuals; I'm certain that it should be resolved to your satisfaction. Regards, Deb

Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your swift reply. The debited amount of £13 showed on my March credit card statement as did the first membership payment of £23. HSBC have advised that I cancel my card and they have done so. I am now wondering how I am to be credited with the £46. I don't feel that I can rate your reply now as they may try to take a further amount from me. I hope that this doesn't cause you any problem as I was entirely satisfied with your advice but they have definitely had the money from me.
Pam
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.
Pam:
Thanks for getting back to me about this.
I contacted customer service and sent them your concerns; I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

I'm not sure how you'll be credited the amount you're due either ...this is above my pay grade as they say!!

And not problems from my end about accepting my response. I'll also let the powers that be know that you wanted to rate but didn't feel comfortable doing so under the circumstances.

I hope this gets resolved in an expedious manner and would appreciate your letting me know if it does. Deb
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.
Pam:
I just wanted to let you know that I received the rating today and to thank you.

I also wanted to know if the financial end of things has been resolved? Deb
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thank you. I received a very swift response and have been informed that the 2 amounts of £23 will be refunded to my account. I have advised my credit card people who say that the amount will be credited to my new card as soon as they receive it. I will ring them to check that this has happened in 5/6 working days.

Many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.
That's good to hear; thanks for letting me know:)

Glad it all worked out although I'm sorry for the inconvenience which you experienced.

Deb