Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Spayed bichon - (6kg) has eaten milka chocolate - 65gms we

Spayed bichon - (6kg) has eaten milka chocolate - 65gms we think! Help!

Dr. Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Dr. Drew :

How long ago did Gracie eat the chocolate?

Dr. Drew :

Based on her weight, and the amount ingested, it is likely that there may be some digestive upset, possibly causing vomiting and/or diarrhea.

Dr. Drew :

Life-threatening effects would not be expected based on 65g of milk chocolate in a 6kg dog.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gracie ate the chocolate about half an hour ago and appears well and breathing normal

ok, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you were able to read the information I provided above, regarding digestive irritation, but no serious effects are likely.