Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

my dog a labarador heis 13 had severe diarea its has stopped

Customer Question

my dog a labarador heis 13 had severe diarea its has stopped and he is a lot better but now has not been to toilette for 2 days he is eating his food
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

This is excellent that he no longer has loose stool. In general we do not worry about constipation unless a dog has gone 6 to 7 days without defectating. Two to three days is perfectly acceptable, as long as he is otherwise acting normal (good appetite, energetic with normal attitude, no vomiting). If he is not acting himself, then he needs to be seen by his vet today or tomorrow.

The not defecating at this point may be due to the fact he evacuated his system and now is resetting. So, as long as he is otherwise doing great, continue to monitor and he should produce stool in the next few days.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

You appear to be unavailable for a live chat or we are having a difficult time connecting. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialog in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.