Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Whyhasmybeardiecoliiestartedurinatingmysuite

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

What a frustrating problem! Sudden onset of inappropriate urination usually means there is an underlying medical problem; usually this is not behavioral (although this is possible). Underlying issues might include a urinary tract infection, bladder or kidney stones, underlying organ problem causing increased urine production (such as kidney disease, diabetes, or Cushing's syndrome) and the list continues.

Dr. Joey :

My best recommendation is to give Ruiradh the benefit of the doubt and have him seen by his veterinarian tomorrow. He needs an exam and some laboratory testing (urinalysis, and screening blood work) to rule out some of these issues. If an infection is found, then an antibiotic should resolve this and he should stop the urinating.

Dr. Joey :

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

You appear to be unavailable for a live chat or we are having a difficult time connecting. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialog in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.