Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My plummer terrier just ate 7 squares of exlax, will it harm

Customer Question

My plummer terrier just ate 7 squares of exlax, will it harm her. What can I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Yes, this amount of a laxative could cause a digestive disturbance that will not be pleasant for Daisy. If she has ingested these within 2 hrs, the best thing is to induce vomtiing to remove these from her system by following these instructions:

Give Daisy 1 teaspoons of peroxide per 5 pounds of weight and wait 15 minutes. If no vomiting, then try it again. You can do this 3 times safely.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta