Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My son step on my 8 month old pup foot/leg now he wont walk

My son step on my 8 month old pup foot/leg now he won't walk on it. He's trying to play and he's drinking and eating, what do you think I should do plz
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help but I have a few questions.

How long ago did it happen?
Can you find any swollen or painful areas on the leg?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It happened late last night and when I stroke it it seems to be sore near his pad.
Thank you for answering those questions. My concern would be that his toe or foot might be broken. That would require x-rays to diagnose but for now the best you can do is to keep him rested and quiet. Don't allow him to play, run or jump until you have him seen by a veterinarian. It's not necessary to have him seen by an emergency veterinarian but definitely have him seen by your vet first thing when they open. I can't recommend giving any human pain medications because they can be dangerous for dogs, especially a breed this small. You could try putting an ice pack on the foot for 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day. If you have more questions please reply back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He doesn't seem in pain and he does seem to put pressure on it for a few seconds just hope nothing broke. Thank you
You're welcome. I hope it isn't broken too. Lifting the leg up is a sign of pain but perhaps its just bruising.