Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 9 year old beagle is off her food.. so not pooing properly.

Customer Question

My 9 year old beagle is off her food.. so not pooing properly. Drinking plenty but seems to have tremours alot..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This lack of appetite, tremors that indicates pain trouble with her bowels tells me that there is a good chance that she has arthritis that has been aggravated by doing something such as jumping off something or just moving the wrong way. It sounds like there is no digestive issues such as vomiting or diarrhea, so this may be the problem.

Treatment for this is aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Try this for a couple days to see if this will help. If there is no improvement, take Poppy to your vet for an exam to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Vicky, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Poppy feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!