Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my dog is 18 mths old she has a hard lump on the inside of

Customer Question

my dog is 18 mths old she has a hard lump on the inside of her ear bit bigger than a pea i went to the vets who didnt seem worried two weeks ago but i fear its got bigger it doesnt hurt her when i touch it should i take her again
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of Nutmeg's age, this mass is either a benign skin tumor or scar tissue from an injury. It is a good sign that it is not painful and this may resolve on its own. If this does get larger than twice the size, then it is best, XXXXX XXXXX it is not going to harm Nutmeg, to have this removed. Better to be safe since if it grows any larger, it will be even more difficult to remove and may ulcerate and cause bleeding or interfere with function so Nutmeg hits it on things causing it to bleed.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Kirstie, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I am sure Nutmeg will do well with your love and care.

Have a wonderful day!