Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

our 5 year old Labradors jaw has just started trembling this

Customer Question

our 5 year old Labradors jaw has just started trembling this has now happened twice within 3 hours he is also a bit starry eyed
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

This certainly sounds concerning for Ollie. There are a few possible causes for this type of behavior. The first is if he is experiencing pain, whether this be pain from a problem in his mouth (ulcer, tooth fracture/infection or other issue) or from the muscles of his jaw hurting (masticatory myositis versus trauma). The second is if this is a partial seizure event, which might correlated with the starry gaze you noted.

Dr. Joey :

If you can without getting injured, it would be good to try to look inside his mouth, and to gauge if opening his mouth hurts (if so then this points to muscular pain). If you do identify pain, then I highly recommend you have him seen today.

Dr. Joey :

Please let me know what questions you have.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

You appear to be unavailable for a live chat or we are having a difficult time connecting. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialog in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.