Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my dog as all white bits on her fair on her body

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely these white things are flakes due to dry skin. This is not uncommon in labs and there are a few things that can prevent this. One is to start Diesel on a daily supplement of either Vitacoat or Derm Caps available at the pet store. These will add moisture to her skin and the extra vitamins and Omega 3 fatty acids to prevent this dry skin.

Then shampoo Diesel in a medicated shampoo such as Malaseb or Dermaplex that will remove much of this flaking skin. Do this weekly.

If this is not enough, have your vet examine Diesel to be sure there is not a Thyroid or other metabolic issue that could cause this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Nicola, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!