Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

my dog has a anall proble of whichas been swilled out,all so

my dog has a anall proble of whichas been swilled out,all so washed in welsomething shampoo for skin care.but he still as somethink thats makeing him look at his back end glike ,something is biting him
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today

Dr. Susan :

How many days ago did Harvey have his glands expressed at the vet?

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.
Perhaps you are having trouble with the chat function. Are you able to see my question now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

24 march

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.
OK. Sometimes patients that have their anal glands expressed, especially if they are quite full, will have some ongoing discomfort after the procedure for a few days. This usually goes away within a couple of days - since he is still bothered by them, I suggest asking your vet to prescribe a short course of a pain medication and anti-inflammatory. This can help make him more comfortable until the inflamed area goes back to normal.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.