Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My british dog is bleeding from his it started about

Customer Question

My british bull dog is bleeding from his penis it started about an hour ago I am really worried dont no wot to do can u help me Pease
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Dr. Andy. I am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.
1. If he is unable to urinate or greatly struggling to pee, he must get into an emergency vet for assistance?

Bleeding from the penis could be due to:
1. A urinary tract infection
2. prostate problems would be exceedingly suspicious if he has not been neutered
3. Bladder stones
4. Bladder or urethral cancer if he is older

If he seems comfortable and he is able to get urine out, you might not have to go to an ER right now, but a vet as soon as possible.

I would not try to give any medications at home, as they would be of little benefit to help.
He will definitely need to get a urine sample taken, which most vets use a ultrasound to obtain.

A vet may also suggest a ultrasound or x-ray of the bladder/prostate area as well.
Very sorry he is having difficulties. Tough to say the prognosis since it would vary greatly if a infection versus an issue like bladder stones or prostate complications.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving, please remember to select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy