Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

we are trying to find any vet who has any knowledge of TUMEXAL.our

we are trying to find any vet who has any knowledge of TUMEXAL.our vets know nothing about it here in the uk.we have been told our beloved Pekingese has cancer ,which cannot be operated on, therefore we are looking for other ways to help him.he is on homeopathic remedies, and has always had the best fresh meat ect.if you do not have any info on tumexal could you suggest how we could get an unbiased professional view.thank you lynne.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name isXXXXX I have been a small animal veterinarian for 12 years.

I have not used Tumexal, but I have heard of it. My understanding is that it is made and sold by a company called Epigenesis. The company has all the red flags of a 'scam' that is taking advantage of people desparate to help their dogs with cancer. Therefore, no veterinarian I know use or recommend it.

The biggest concern is that the will not disclose the ingredients. It is not approved by any regulatory agency that I know of, nor have they pubished any reviewed studies about it's safety or efficacy.

As far as if it helps at all... I don't know. It will be difficult to get any information because the company doesn't share or publish any. I wouldn't use it without more information.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions please let me know.

DR. Stacy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks have you any recommends to help. the tumor is growing insidefrom the testicles growing up the tubes .do these tumors spread to other parts of the body.

Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 3 years ago.
Most testicular tumors do not spread internally very quickly. Have you considered or have you done surgery to remove the tumor? Surgery is usually very successful with testicular based tumors.

Dr. Stacy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have seen two vets both said surgery not suitable due to age and breed also the tumor is going up into the tubes and feels large and has grown very quickly.

Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 3 years ago.
Hum, interesting. The 3 most common testicular tumor types are all very treatable by surgery. There are some uncommon tumors that can be more problematic, but we would still really push to neuter them and try to get as much of the tumor an spermatic cord as possible.

If two vets agree that surgery is not an option, they must be feeling something that makes them say that... there must be something unusual in the way it is growing or spreading.

Dr. Stacy