Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog was hit by a car yesterday which has injured her left

Customer Question

My dog was hit by a car yesterday which has injured her left front leg. There is nothing to see and she can put a little weight on it but she is hobbling and obviously in pain when she tries to walk. I feel it is a knock and bruising which will take time to heal as I can touch the leg with a little pressure and she doesn't mind. Should I take her to get it x-rayed or leave it alone to heal.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

I do highly recommend you have Jess examined by her veterinarian today. If this is indeed fractured, then it may need to be placed into a splint to aid in healing or if it is a significant fracture, then surgery may be needed. As well, any dog that had a car trauma needs an exam to assess for internal injury that may not be apparent; this is the real killer after such a trauma.