Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My puppy has broken out in itchy lumps tonight, they are really

My puppy has broken out in itchy lumps tonight, they are really bothering her. She was also spayed yesterday so i cant bathe her to take the itch away is there anything I can do to relieve it until we get her to the vets tomorrow?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Does her skin have welts?
2- How much does she weigh?
3- Do you have an antihistamine at home? If so, what is the name and milligrams?
4- Is she currently on any medications? If so, what are the names?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What are welts? If they are raised lumps, like hives then yes. She weighs 18.2 kgs, yes we have benadryl one a day relief 10mg. And no she's not on any medication.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.

Can you please check the active ingredient in the benadryl you have (see ingredients on label)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Each tablet contains : Cetirizine dihydrochloride and lactose

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Kerrie, as you already know he is having an allergic reaction either to something he came in contact in the environment of something he ate. You can start him on Cetirizine 10mg tablets every 12 hours for 5 days. Follow up in the morning with family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter