Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

MY GERMAN SHEPHERD IS TRYING TO CLEAR HIS STOMACH BY TRYING

Customer Question

MY GERMAN SHEPHERD IS TRYING TO CLEAR HIS STOMACH BY TRYING TO BE SICK BUT ONLY BRINGING UP WHITE FLEM.HE IS PANTING AND BREATHING FAST.WHAT CAN I DO.HE MAY HAVE EATEN A BIT OF WOOD.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Altman :

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.

Dr. Altman :

So sorry to hear about Cass not feeling well

Dr. Altman :

Can you please tell me whether his stomach or abdomen looks swollen at all? This is a very very big concern if so

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

NO BUT HE IS URGING AND BRINGING UP WHITE FOAM

Dr. Altman :

My primary concern from your description is bloat, or gastric dilatation volvulus. CLICK HERE for more information on this condition which is an emergency

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

NO BUT HE IS URGING AND BRINGING UP WHITE FOAM.

Dr. Altman :

How long has this been going on and is he able to rest comfortably since or is he pacing/ anxious?

Dr. Altman :

I understand, he is retching to empty his stomach but his stomach is already empty which is a concern in a deep chested large breed dog

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

30 MIN AND PACING UP AND DOWN.ANZIOUS.

Dr. Altman :

I really do not like what you describe. Even with him not having a swollen belly I worry about bloat which is an emergency

Dr. Altman :

Do you have a veterinary er in your area?

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

WE HAVE VETERINARYS BUT I DONT KNOW THERE NUMBERS

Dr. Altman :

Do you have a regular vet? If so, they will list "what to do in case of emergency" on their voice mail

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

I LIVE IN REDRUTH. CORNWALL

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

TR164HG

Dr. Altman :

If this is GDV this is not something that can wait until morning

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

WHAT IS GDV

Dr. Altman :

The Veterinary Centres, During the night, or from 12.30pm on Saturday until 8.30am on Monday telephone CVETS on 01872 560952

Dr. Altman :

As listed above it is the medical term for bloat and how you describe Cass acting

Dr. Altman :

Drump Road
Redruth
Cornwall
TR15 1PS

Dr. Altman :

Please call the number listed to see if this is local for you asap

Dr. Altman : Out of Hours Emergency Service

In case of an emergency outside normal hours our practice uses CVETS (Cornwall Veterinary Emergency Treatment Centre), a dedicated emergency service which provides cover for a number of local practices.

CVETS have a veterinary surgeon and qualified veterinary nurse on site throughout the night (6.30 pm to 8.30 am), and over the weekend (12.30 Sat to 8.30 am Monday)

This ensures all animals are provided with constant care and supervision at all times. CVETS have full facilities (X-ray/blood analysers etc) for making a rapid diagnosis and evaluation of emergency situations and their experienced staff provide care until the animal can be returned to its usual veterinary practice the following day.

The Clinical notes and details of medication given are emailed to the day vets practice at 8.30 every morning.

CVETS are located on the main road between Chiverton Cross roundabout and Threemilestone (A390) (Approx 400yds on the right hand side past Chiverton Roundabout).

Dr. Altman :

Please give me an update when you are able if you are contacting them now

JACUSTOMER-pqgzup0d- :

JUST TAKING HIM TO THE VETS.

Dr. Altman :

Good luck, you both will be in my thoughts tonight, truly

Dr. Altman :

Thank you for the update

Dr. Altman :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

I wanted to check in on Cass to see how things went after we spoke yesterday? You both have been in my thoughts...