Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Hi I have a staff and theres some white/clear stuff coming

Hi I have a staff and there's some white/clear stuff coming from her behind
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- From the rectum or vagina?
2- Does it have a strong bad odor?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi it's coming from her vagina
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Is she spayed?
2- How long has this been going on?
3- Is she lethargic?
4- Is she drinking more than usual?
5- Can you give me an idea how much is she oozing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She's lethargic and isant herself
She's losing around six spots the size of a twenty pence in the last hour
And her breathing isant rite
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Is she spayed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she's not sprayed
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Paul, what you are describing is a concern because it is consistent with a "pyometra" which is an infection of the uterus; the discharge you are seeing is pus. This is a surgical emergency, untreated it can be fatal. There could be other causes like vaginitis, urinary tract infections, cervical tumors, etc. But, at this point it is important to rule out a pyometra. A quick xray can determine if she has a pyometra or not. I would highly recommend you consider having her checked by ER vet and not wait. Holding on treatment can have fatal consequences, not much I can recommend for you to try at home that would have any significant therapeutic benefit. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter