Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is throwing up everthing shaking like shes cold her

My dog is throwing up everthing shaking like shes cold her back legs are clapsing and weeing with out knowing
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be happy to help you.

What color are her gums?

If you press around her abdomen from both sides, is she painful or uncomfortable?

What is her vaccination status?

Is there anything around the house or yard she could have swallowed or gotten into, including plants?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Black gums

Tummy soft

Full vac

Nothing she could get hold of

Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information. I have a couple more questions for you.

Are her gums normally black?

How often has she vomited?

Can she walk at all?

What breed of dog is Lola?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't know

6 times after food

Yes she can walk a little

Stuffy x pug

Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information, Michelle. Vomiting 6 times, especially after eating, is concerning in and of itself; but I am really concerned about the fact that she is having problems walking. That usually indicates some type of systemic problem (something that would affect the entire body). Infection and toxins are a primary concern, but it could be related to some type of internal organ problem, such as liver, kidneys, pancreas, adrenal glands, etc. Either toxin buildup from liver or kidney problems or an organ inflammatory response, causing shock like symptoms, are all possible. A foreign body obstruction, a twisted intestinal tract or even a perforated intestinal tract are possible as well. Either way, that weakness is not a good sign. I highly recommend at this point to get her to your nearest veterinary emergency clinic to get some bloodwork drawn and started on fluid therapy to help reverse this process. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.