DR.J
DR.J, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

Hi, I run a home boarding club and have a Japanese Spitz boarding

Customer Question

Hi, I run a home boarding club and have a Japanese Spitz boarding who has developed tear stains under one eye over the last 2 days. It is getting worse and I have had another dog who has had runny looking eyes here last week and a pug who seems like his eye may be starting to run a bit too! Could it be canine conjunctivitis?
Category: Dog
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

By the sound of it , it would seem a viral form of conjunctivitis has taken hold of your business and is transported from dog to dog.

DR.J :

dog like the ones you are describing are even more in danger of catching various eye disease due to the nature of their anatomy

DR.J :

Bathing with warm water will not help .

DR.J :

what you must do is have someone located all the infected (a vet ) and give you eye drops . Isolate them from the rest before you have all you club infected .

DR.J :

Till that point in time you can use green tea bags on the infected - that will help calm the presenting inflammation