Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Extreme puppy teething

Customer Question

Extreme puppy teething, cries when he's biting. Really distressing to listen too Cry Vet gave him the loxicom on Friday but hasn't helped at all Frown

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm so sorry to hear about your pup's severe discomfort. Loxicom (or meloxicam) is a doggy ibuprofen that works for 12 to 24 hours, so the injection he got on Friday would be worn off by now. We do offer meloxicam in pill or liquid oral form, so that sounds like it would be best for your pup. You probably are doing so, but he should be eating either a watered down form of his dry food, or canned food for now.

Customer:

Thank you very much for your help. He now has 2 top teeth missing just hope the fangs follow shortly ;)

Hi Lisa!
Thank you so much for your kind rating....greatly appreciated!
Benji is a lucky little guy to have your TLC. He may need more meloxicam for pain relief, but by 6 months of age he should have all of his adult teeth at least through his gums.
Take care and have fun!
Dr. Barbara