Ask a Dog Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thanks for writing in.
How much bone meal do you suspect Danny may have eaten?
Was it straight bone meal only, or was the bone meal mixed with anything else (i.e. pesticides)?
Thanks for your reply. Bone meal by itself is not toxic. If a large amount is eaten, it may cause stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea), which typically will resolve in it's own. Most dogs that eat bone meal will not show any abnormal symptoms at all. I would just keep an eye on him over the next 24 hours for any excessive vomiting or diarrhea. If it occurs and continues, Danny may need to be treated by a veterinarian, but this would be very unlikely. He will most likely be just fine.
You're very welcome - glad to be here to help out! I hope you and Danny have a great rest of the weekend.