Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Can you give a dog paracetamol?

Customer Question

Can you give a dog paracetamol?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Loretta :

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Paracetamol cannot ge given to dogs because it contains Acetominophen which can be toxic to dogs, The best and safest anti inflammatory medication over the counter is aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This is appropriate for injuries that you described for Dusty...try this first and if this injury does not resolve, have your vet examine Dusty Monday.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

JACUSTOMER-va61soxl- : Thank you I will try that.
JACUSTOMER-va61soxl- : Thank you.
Dr. Loretta :

Great...You are very welcome....I hope Dusty feels better soon!