Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

our puppy has just eaten some sort of mushroom in the garden,

Customer Question

our puppy has just eaten some sort of mushroom in the garden, I don't know how much he's had
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.

Rebecca :

Rebecca :

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Wilf.

Rebecca :

My name is Rebecca I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Rebecca :

If he only ate part of it, he will probably be OK. However, there are some really poisonous mushrooms, as you probably know.

Rebecca :

I am not an expert at mushroom identification, and even experts sometimes get it wrong.

Rebecca :

You could try to get him to vomit if you are worried.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
The website tells me you went offline, so I will try this way to connect with you.

If this were my own dog, and only part of a mushroom was eaten, I would probably just observe him, unless there was someone I could take a similar mushroom to for identification.

If you would like to be cautious and get him to vomit, one to two teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream should get him to empty his stomach in 5 to 10 minutes.

If you have a local poison control in your area, they may be able to help with mushroom identification since they might know your local common mushrooms.

Please let me know if this is helpful, and what else I can answer.

Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the great rating.

Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
Tracy,
How is Wilf today?

Rebecca