Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog banged into a tree running for a ball yesterday, now

My dog banged into a tree running for a ball yesterday, now her eyes and expressions look strange
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

Can you tell me more about how her eyes look? Are her third eyelids up? Are her pupils the same size? Is any part of her face drooping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ann, no part of her face drooping, pupils the same but its like her eyes are looking outwards more, I can see small amount of whites of eyes on the inside part more then usual, also she seems to be holding her ears a bit higher, She is not showing any signs of pain or distress and is eating ,drinking and playing as usual, She is a collie X

Okay. If she is eating and drinking and playing as usual, I would not worry too much about brain trauma, so that is good. She may be painful, which would change the way she holds her ears, so I would give her one adult aspirin twice daily and see if that helps. I suspect that the while part of the eyes that you are seeing more of in the middle is probably the third eyelids being up. That could mean that the corneas were slightly damaged, so it would be a good idea to see a vet to have the corneas stained and then some antibiotic drops prescribed. If you want to wait a bit before seeing a vet, I would apply artificial tears drops into the eyes every 8 hours for 7-10 days and see if it will resolve on its own.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.