Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my little XXXXX XXXXX terrier ,her skin under belly and legs

Customer Question

my little XXXXX XXXXX terrier ,her skin under belly and legs is going black ,she eats a lot of insects n the garden ,she in good form ,she had foam type sick after her car trip but nothing since
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This black that you see on Daisy is usually caused by constant scratching from allergic reactions, If you see Daisy itching, give her Benadryl or Diphenhydramine that can be purchased at the chemist at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 7-10 days. If this is not enouhgh, have your vet examine Daisy to find what is causing this.

the vomiting while in a car is motion sickness and is common in some dogs,. Next time you take Daisy in the car for a long ride, give her Dramamine that can also be purchased at the chemistt at4 mg per pound. This wil decrease the possibility that she will get car sick.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Mandy, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!