Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Thirteen year old small Yorkshire terrier bitch. Normal motion

Thirteen year old small Yorkshire terrier bitch. Normal motion this morning, since then has obvious tummy discomfort, with lots of burger long noises . Will not eat or drink , just wants comfort from my wife, and it helps if the tummy area has warm cloths on it and gently massage
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry to learn Suki is not feeling well. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did Suki get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?
2- Any vomiting?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- Any other symptoms?
5- How much does she weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The answer to all the questions is as follows
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No5. Recently at vets for annual injections vet said weightperfect
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Graham, the gastrointesinal noises you are listening are related to gas and smooth muscle contractions in the gastrointestinal tract; this is common when a dog is not eating. The big question is: Why is she not eating? Not eating is a very non specific symptom and can be related to many different conditions that affect dogs. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing as her symptoms are so non specific. Highly recommend a hands on examination by family veterinarian. In the meantime offer her a bland diet of rice and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef. If possible blend the food and force feed her small amounts with a turkey baster. Keeping her warm is not going to hurt her, but, I don't believe it will treat the primary underlying cause.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter