Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

cross spaniel/collie is unwell all teeth fallen out very bad

cross spaniel/collie is unwell all teeth fallen out very bad breath,constantly bleeding nose 13 yrs old,Would you recommend putting him to sleep ? if so how much to put to sleep Bognor Regis  area( dog was living with my mother who herself had to put into nursing home) hence why dog in such a bad way

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

If the dog has a constantly bleeding nose at that age, it is not likely caused by anything that would be very treatable. I recommend having him euthanized, unfortunately. Pricing is not something we can comment on here, because every clinic is really very different on pricing for things. Many clinics will do a humane euthanasia free of charge for low-income clients so that dogs do not have to suffer simply because the owner does not have enough money, so I would call a local clinic and ask.

I am so sorry Blue is having these issues. I wish you and your mum the best of luck.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.