Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

my 3month old pom after being ill and doing great now, seems

Customer Question

my 3month old pom after being ill and doing great now, seems to be urinating quite alot more than normal,, he had 3 wee,s in 15 minutes and was a large amount? i noticed this in the last few days otherwise he seems fine
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dr. Kara and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that Alvie seems to be urinating a large amount frequently and I understand your concern.
I need to ask some questions.

What was his previous illness and how was he treated?
How long ago was his treatment completed?
Is he eating and drinking normally or are you noticing that he is drinking more then usual?
Was there any change in diet (even if it is the same food but now feeding canned versus dry or dry versus canned)?
Any changes in treats?
Is he doing any straining to urinate?
Does there seem to be an urgency to get out to urinate?
Is he having more urine accidents?
Does his urine look lighter, more clear in color or darker (more yellow) then usual?

Thanks for your patience with my questions, they will help me guide you on what to do for your fellow.