Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

I have just got 2 lab pups . They are 12 weeks of age. I want

Customer Question

I have just got 2 lab pups . They are 12 weeks of age. I want to take them with me to Singapore . It is quite humid and hot there. How many time can I bathe the pups? Also what is the best product to use for fleas and ticks? Could u also suggest some vitamins etc that I can take with me from London for their coat?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Altman :

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.

Dr. Altman :

First, congratulations on your new additions!

Dr. Altman :

Bathing should not be more frequent then once weekly

Dr. Altman :

Products for fleas /ticks a product called frontline would be best (fiprinil is the primary ingredient)

Dr. Altman :

For their coat a fish oil, the name of the product is not as important as the ingredients: EPA & DHA should be listed on the label and they should get about 500 mg now daily and when adults can have 1000 mg daily

Dr. Altman :

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, good luck on your adventures!

Dr. Altman :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Hopefully this format is more readily viewable. Please let me know how else I can assist you all!