DR.J
DR.J, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

Why does my dog push his food away from him and wont eat

Why does my dog push his food away from him and won't eat it
Category: Dog
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

Sorry to hear about Arnie not eating his food .

DR.J :

There are several options we need to explore for us to get to the bottom of the problem

DR.J :

1. Since he had his teeth out 3 weeks ago - maybe one of the following had occurred

DR.J :

* there is still an underlying infection or inflammation going which causes him sever pain

DR.J :

* perhaps in the process of taking all his teeth out - one tooth was not taken out fully (broken in the process) and thus is left behind causing great pain

DR.J :

* Maybe there is some injury to the soft tissue left behind.

DR.J :

2. Since Arnie has undergone surgery and is not a young lad - There are times side effects cause by the anesthesia and anesthetic agent - things like inflammation of the stomach or intestines , mild kidney disease and others . it could be that it triggered and underlying disease such as Pancreatitis or other pre existing condition.

DR.J :

What I would advise is the following :

DR.J :

pay a visit to your vet for him to better explore Arnie's mouth for any of the things I have mentioned . he can perform an Xray ray for a better look as well. Perform a blood test to see that Arnie is otherwise all right .

DR.J :

in one of these exams - Arnie's problem will be found and you would be able to treat it .

DR.J :

I hope this helps.

DR.J :

If you have any further questions - let me know and I shall do my best to help.

DR.J :

All the best to you both

DR.J :

James.

DR.J :

Please before leaving our chat - do not forget to rate it .

Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.
How is Arnie doing .

Was something found at the vet exam ?