Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I was due ti buy a puppy, a westie, next week, excellent pedigree

Customer Question

I was due ti buy a puppy, a westie, next week, excellent pedigree etc, KC registered, full bloodline but the dog has not been wormed and was told this should be done when I take the pup to the vets, it will be 8 weeks old on Thursday, and I am due to collect on Monday.

Should I be concerned at this?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

This is no problem, most pups have worms so they should be wormed on a regular basis. You can just pick up some worm tablets from your vet or a better pet store and work the little pup when he arrives. This is not likely to have affected his heath in any way.

Customer:

so when I pick him up on Monday, I already plan to take him to a local vets for vaccination on either Monday PM or Tuesday depending on vet availability then the worming can be done then

Hello again,

Glad to talk this over with you further.

Absolutely, that should be fine, just pick up some wormer from the vet when you are there for the vaccinations.

That should be just fine...

Regards,

Scott
Hello again Graham,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a couple of weeks to check on your new pup's progress, and I should also be about for the next couple of hours so please get straight back to me if things change and you want to talk things over further.

If I can ever help you further then please contact me again via my profile LINK

Kindest regards,

Scott

Scott Nimmo The Online Vet