Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Our dog is a 9 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier & has diabetes

Customer Question

Our dog is a 9 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier & has diabetes & cataracts forming. All through his life he has suffered with itchy skin & makes his nipples bleed. Our vet recommended Piriton tablets 2 a day but they don't seem to have any affect on him now.
Could I use a natural capsule contents are Standardized nebulized extracts Helichrysum arenarium. Moench 180mg, agrimony 180mg,fumitory120mg, pine buds, icelan liquen & hose tail 45mg. L-ascorbic acid vit c ,manganese gluconate & copper gluconates vit e vit a sodium selenite & microcrystalline cellulose. The product recommended to a human male who uses Piriton by a pharmacist as a natural remedy alternate and which worked really better than Piriton. The product is Aler Balance Sol de oro Agrimonia Fumaria Thanks for your assistance
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sory for the delay in responding to you. I don't see anything overtly toxic to Guinness in that product. I must admit that I don't see anything likely to be of value either and in the unlikely event that Guinness were allergic to any of the plant extracts, he could conceivable worsen when administered that product.

Please ask Guinness's vet about the new cytokine antagonist Apoquel (oclacitinib) which is likely to revolutionize the manner in which we treat atopic dogs - dogs allergic to environmental allergens such as pollens, molds, dust, and dust mites, etc. We're having trouble keeping this drug in stock in the States but perhaps it's still readily avialable in the UK.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply will see what can be done re - your advice

Sounds good. I'm going to check back with you in a week for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.