Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Hi my yorkshire terrier has lumpy spots on inside of his legs

Hi my yorkshire terrier has lumpy spots on inside of his legs and around his genital area also feel them on his back and neck l have sprayed him with flea spray and run a nit comb through his hair but nothing can be seen he is dashing around the house panting and scratching and biting infected areas l have washed him and rubbed tea tree cream on his sores but doesnt seem to work l am stuck at work and my partner is disabled so she cant get him to the vet until monday any advice to calm him down is grateful thanks...
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What is the appearance of the lumps?
2- Is he licking/gnawing at the affected area?
3- Did the lumps come on quickly like within days?
4- How much does he weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi come on 2-3 days after taking him round a farm he is normal healthy weight got no scales to weigh him there like small lumpy spots which are red he is licking them and knawing at them as well as scratching and dashing around house with tail between legs ..

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Do the lumps slough off or do they appear like tiny welts/pimples?
2- Do you have an anti histamine? If so, what is the name and milligrams?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There just like small round spots which are lumpy ..

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Brian, it sounds like he may have a localized allergic reaction or an infection. This is what you can do until he is seen by family veterinarian:

1- Need to stop him from licking/gnawing at affected area. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop him from licking/gnawing at affected area.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash area with this soap 2-3 times a day. If you do not find the above soap use over the counter antibacterial soap.

3- After washing affected area as above apply topical hydrocortisone cream. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days. You can buy hydrocortisone cream over the counter in any pharmacy (chemist).

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will take him to vet ..not happy with reply ..

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Brian, I will be glad to discuss with you any further questions. I don't understand why the bad service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can l pick up items when l am stuck in work until monday...l will take him to vet on monday your information is useless . ..

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Brian, your inability to pick up these items is Not a reflection of my service, is that fair? Seriously?

Dr. Peter