Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has a lump on her lower lip which I originally thought

Customer Question

My dog has a lump on her lower lip which I originally thought was a wart, but it came up so quickly and was itchy. Now it has turned red ( with blood ) I suspect. Unfortunately she is a very fidgety dog so I can't imagine her being still for very long.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of Pepper's young age, this mass is most likely a benign skin tumor or Papilloma which is also a benign mass. We often do not treat these unless they start to bother Pepper or grow large enough to ulcerate and bleed. then this should be removed by your vet. I would not be concerned but be sure to have your vet check thsi out just to be safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Sylvia, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!