Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

9 year old English Springer, usually fit and healthy, had

Customer Question

9 year old English Springer, usually fit and healthy, had hind leg amputated 4yrs ago.
Suddenly seamed to get very unsettled, not able to settle in bed or anywhere, panting heavily, heart rate very fast, a lot of saliva from mouth, eventually manage to calm him by stroking and gently talking. Did this 2days ago, perfectly normal since.?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response,but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Just to confirm, your Springer has had no recurrent episodes, is that correct?
2. I'm assuming you'd like to know possible explanations as to why he behaved as he did?
3. How long did the episode last?
4/ Did he eventually vomit?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb