Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

We have just got a wonderful dog from a rescue centre who is

Customer Question

We have just got a wonderful dog from a rescue centre who is so well behaved and house trained, it seems almost silly to come on here with a 'problem'. When we have found is that our new best friend will not do her business in the back garden and will only release her bladder and have the user of her bowels when she goes out walking. For most, this is a dream come true but for both my partner and I, we are not in a position to take her out for walks late at night as we are both disabled. My partner has MS and his legs at night suffer from severe spasms so it really isn't an option. His legs aren't too good in the morning either - he has to do a lot of stretching just to be able to sit comfortably on his mobility scooter to walk the dog. My question is, do you know of anything we can do to encourage her or show her it's OK to use the back garden to do her business? I have tried staying out with her ready with a treat to show it's OK, but no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd hate for her to get an infection from retaining urine for too long. Thank you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Shantal for following through with this - unfortunately I have not been able to resolve this and with both of us being disabled this is becoming quite stressful.

We had to take her to the vet yesterday as her vagina is inflamed and swollen. Now on antibiotics and pain relief. If there's no change then she'll need a urine sample taken and possibly a scan. I came on to your site which was recommended to me with the hopes of getting a response last week so we could avoid this turning into a serious situation.

Please advise how to go about getting a refund as it's been a week now without a response. Being disabled it's not easy for either of us to travel to the vets so I was hoping an online service would have been of some help. Thank you anyway for following through I look forward to receiving your response as to how to go about getting a refund.