Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Excessive drooling from a three year old dog. Drooling fits

Customer Question

Excessive drooling from a three year old dog. Drooling fits last 1 to 2 hours. Dog vomits foam or swallows air. Gets very bloated and in discomfort. Prayer position such as the muscles from shoulder blades are very prominent. It seems excercise is the trigger, or getting out of the house for a walk. Anxiety and pain, discomfort, and for the first time fecal matter during one of those drooling fits. No tremor, no loss of consciousness. Has bitten her tongue today too. Feel very sorry for her. Has phenobarbitone, Zantac, omepeazole, cimetidine, and from tomorrow metoclopramide. Not a happy life though.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had sent more information, but the system has charged as a new request, so I gave up. the answers were not good enough so far. and I didn't want to pay another fee for a reply from me.