Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a 6 year old collie cross.. She was being looked after

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old collie cross.. She was being looked after by friends when i was on holiday so I ma not certain what happened but I suspect she was having a lot of sticks thrown to her and she has landed awkwardly, but I am not certain about this. She was taken to the vet and examined thoroughly and nothing was detected. on our return she had finished a course of anti inflammatory tablets. she has been on some shortish walks and every so often she suddenly whimpers stops by me looking very sad, then walks on normally. She does not like going up steps and sometimes whimpers when she puts down her right hind leg but then walks normally afterwards. She is not limping. I can touch all her leg without any whimpering and can not feel anything out of the ordinary. She is eating normally. She spends most of the day in her basket not choosing to go out unless i Encourage her in order for her to do a pee / pooh What should I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. My moderator has asked me to assist you if you still require it. I'm sorry that your question hasn't been addressed before now but I do have a few questions to ask first about Amber if you don't mind:

1. Is she still behaving as you describe?
2. How did she respond to the anti-inflammatory drugs? Was she normal while taking them?
3. How long has she been off drugs?
4. How much does she weigh?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb