Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

im looking after 2 west highland terrier puppies and ive just

im looking after 2 west highland terrier puppies and ive just noticed that half of the top of one of the dogs ears is missing, but there is no blood and the dog is in no pain, and it lookms like an old wound, would I be able to tell if this this recent or could it have happened when they were in my care today, would there not be some bleeding?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is the tissue healed or are you seeing a wound?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tissue looks healed

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
How long has the puppy been with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

7 hours

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Louise, the puppy had the ear in this condition when he was given to you. It is impossible for an ear laceration to occur without blood or a wound. The ear is very vascularized and any cut will cause a lot of bleeding. So, his ear has been like that for a while now; no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much Peter, you have put my mind at rest.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Louise.