Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I think my which I aged two ate a crumb of resin 40mins

Customer Question

I think my which I aged two ate a crumb of cannabis resin 40mins to an hour ago. What do I do. Thank you for any advice you can offer.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name is Dr. Whitehead and I am sorry to hear about Shichi trying to get into trouble tonight. If you know when he might have eaten it you can try to make him vomit it up if its been within the past hour. You can give him hydrogen peroxide by mouth, 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs of body weight. Make him drink it and wait 15 minutes. If he vomits perfect if not then you can repeat this up to 3 times. If it has been longer than an hour then he body has most likely absorbed it. You will need to monitor him closely for the next few hours. He may become "high" seem lethargic, dizzy, confused. As long as he is able to continue to respond to you, get up, walk etc then you can continue to monitor him until this passes. If he gets to lethragic and tired and wont respond then he needs to be seen by an emergency hospital to have his system flushed with fluids to help get rid of the THC in his system. Hopefully the amount he ate was very small and if you cannot get him to vomit you see only small effects of this.

Dr. Whitehead :

Rarely are cannabis toxicity life threatening but they can become very high and its important to make sure he is able to be aroused and woken and responsive. That is the biggest concern. Otherwise he should get past this incident without much of a problem. But at any time if you are concerned then have him seen immediately by your vet or an emergency vet.

Dr. Whitehead :

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

JACUSTOMER-a8m5aue5- : Thank you! I'll follow your advice. X
You are very welcome! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions and please remember to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!