Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my pups both inner ears are swallon what can it be

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Pip is otherwise healthy, this swelling is probably due to an allergic reaction. This could be from an insect bite or a contact allergy from the yard. The treatment for this is Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. It will also help if you apply a topical benadryl to this area. Of course , if Pip dpes not respond within a day, have your vet examine Pip because this could also be an infection that will require veterinary treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Nicola, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Pip feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!