Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog -a Labrador- has eaten approx 100 gr of dried dates

My dog -a Labrador- has eaten approx 100 gr of dried dates ( stoneless) will this harm him??
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Altman :

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.

Dr. Altman :

As long as they are without the pit you should be alright but the quantity ingested might cause some gi upset including diarrhea, reduced appetite, perhaps even vomiting but they are not toxic

Dr. Altman :

For his next meal you might want to reduce the quantity by 50% and add in some white rice to reduce the risk of diarrhea and settle his stomach a little bit

Dr. Altman :

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with today

Dr. Altman :

But luckily dates are not toxic to your Lab and he should be just fine in a few days...

Dr. Altman :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Dr. Altman :

I am going to change formats in a moment to ensure you are not having issues with the live chat format

Hopefully this format is more readily viewable to you. Please let me know how else I can assist you both!